Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just a quick note



Well as some of may have heard I am no long with Quantum Sails effective Jan 1 of this year. This was not my choice and unfortunately the hard work and effort that I put in here in Chicago will go for not and I am going to have to start over again. What is one more time?

I want to thank the many people with in Quantum that I worked with on a regular basis, peeps like Wally Cross, Bob Clark, Farley Fontenot, Scott Nixon and Bary Gately. These are great people and it was a pleasure working with you guys and thanks for all that you did.

There will be some good news coming in the very near future that will surprise some and be exciting for others. For me it will allow me to take the last 10 years of my experience to great use and will really cement the future in a great way.

I am getting ready to attend Key West Race Week, I have been signed on to sail on board Cujo a Melges 24 team from Detroit. I am really looking to this regatta as I have not been to KW in a few years and I have not sailed the 24 in a little while either.

We are then going to participate in the first of the Chicago Match Race Center's regatta. This will be sailed in M 24's down there for their first event. Then the regattas will shift back North to Chicago and 8 new Tom 28's that Don Wilson has bought to set up this new center.

The winter of sailing is looking really promissing, I am planning on attending the St. Pete NOOD, J 22 Mid Winters, Charleston Race Week, Annapolis NOOD and hopefully a trip to Uruguay to sail on the exciting new Soto 40, (That is the ride in the picture). If I go down it is to go check the boat for a client who is very serious about picking one up.

So hopefully all of this plus the plan for the future will keep me busy and start to let all the peices fall into place.

As I am my own company again I will try to do a much better job of keeping this up to date. I will also try to get something on here each day of Key West and the Match Event after.
Cheers for now!


Tac

1 comment:

The Enabler said...

Best of luck to you man. Here's hoping you get a lot more time on the water now and heading forward. Let me know if you are ever in need of a warm body to pull strings with that match racing group.

Cap