Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hello from Palma!



I have been here a couple days now and the weather for the most part has been amazing! It is quite hot, the sun shines and the breeze is up!

I arrived on Thursday afternoon, checked into the hotel then went to check in on the boat. I was having trouble getting to the boat as there as a language issue with the guard at the gate :) So I stopped to check my email. While that happening a giant storm rolled in and I mean HUGE! I could not even get to the boat by foot as it was blowing about 65 and there was hail. I was sitting in the car watching a 90'+ heeled over about 30 degrees! That is how hard it was blowing.

When the storm ended, I drove around to the gate that was once closed to me and drove right through. I think that the club must have know that the various "skipper's" would be coming in quickly and did not need to have the hassle of the gate.

When I got out to the dock that the boat was on, all you could was carnage! The dock, (see picture), was gone and each of the boats on that dock had damage. So we start the week with boat work. Oh, well it could have been much worse.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures. I will try to keep updating but the next couple days are boring and filled with nothing but work on the boat, the cradle and then getting the two of them together on the Ship to Lanzarote.
Cheers

Tac

No comments: