Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy Times


Good day all

Well it is a lovely day here in Chicago, for February that is :) I just got back to town after being over in Sarnia for a few days. While there I worked with Brad on a Rig Tune and Sail trim seminar that we jointly gave at South Port Sailing Club in Windsor on Wednesday night.

The talk went very well, all seemed to enjoy it and there was talk from a couple other local clubs about having do one for them. So we shall see. While neither of us are super comfortable doing them I think together we did a pretty good job. Brad is certainly getting more at least and much better at doing them.

I am going to have the loft get it up on the doyleboston.com website in the very near future for all of you to see if you wish. It covers pretty basic concepts on rig tune and sail shape to a bit more techie for those of you that are as well. I hope that you enjoy it and please feel free to contact either Brad or Myself to further discuss it.

On another, while I was in Sarnia I got a phone from John Baxter asking to be the jib trimmer on board Anema and Core the TP 52 from Annapolis. I will be joing the team on Wednesday for the Miami Race Week regatta. I am really looking forward to sailing on this boat, it is one of the old Platoon's from Germany. These boats are the top end of the sport right now and getting the opportunity to sail on one is really quite exciting!

I will try to keep you all posted and give you a bit of an insiders view of these awesome boats.

Anyway that is all that I know for now!

The above picture is the boat is Anema and Core at Key West. (I "borrowed" the picture from Tim Wilkes, thanks Tim)

No comments: