Monday, July 2, 2007

Measurement Day

Well today in Cowes, it was measurement day! Oh and guess what......it rained again! Not all day and not real hard but just enough to be bloody annoying :)

We on the Blue Nights were teed up to measure the sails and have the safety inspection handled today. I was very happy to see a couple of the measurers that I have over the years in the MUMM fleet handling the sails and such. Mario, (sorry I do not know your last name), from Italy and Carol Abbott from the UK. I can give some words of wisdom here, they do not mess around, if you are out of line they will tell you!

We ended up passing with flying colors on all accounts and we are now officially in as a team. We weighed in, measured in and are off to sail tomorrow with the good sails for the first time. (I just hope it is not blowing 30 again like today).

There are a couple of us, myself included that have a serious cold due to the weather and I know of a couple other teams that have a bit of a Flu bug going around. Why, o'why are we sailing here?

I am going to try to get some pictures from Esa's camera tomorrow. There are a pile of Swan's here in the harbor and I thought it would be cool to show you all what it is like, (of course then it will be sunny, so maybe pictures every day?)

Anyway, tomorrow I will check out the crew lists and let you all know who of the who's who is here.

Cheers for the night

Tac

PS here are some links for you to follow.

http://www.cowesharbourweather.com/
www.cowesyachthaven.com
www.bluenights.fi
http://www.swan45class.org

No comments: